We’re excited to announce that TLSU have teamed up with TOTM (www.totm.com) to bring an end to period poverty a Trinity Laban!
How are we going to do this?
Over the next few weeks (with the help of the Facilities department!) we’re going to ensure ensure that caddies containing a variety of period care products are available in all of our toilets (male too, in case of any transitioning students). There are over 60 toilets, across all four of the sites at Trinity Laban so that’s a lot of caddies, and lot of products that you’ll be able to take and use for free when you need them.
We want to monitor usage for the first few months, so please take advantage of this fantastic scheme so we know how much to order on a recurring basis.
Why are we doing this?
One of Eleanor’s manifesto goals last year was to tackle period poverty at Trinity Laban. Period care products are essential items, yet statistics show students struggle to afford and access these products on a monthly basis. You elected Eleanor as your president and she’s thrilled that, now we’re back in our buildings, she can make good on this promise!
A few extra benefits!
Not only will you now be able to use these free period products when you need them, but you can also order more for yourself, friends and relatives with a unique TL discount code.
To use this discount apply code WP-TRINLAB15 when prompted, at the checkout of www.totm.com. This code will get you a discount off the full range of TOTM period care products!
Why did we pick TOTM?
We picked TOTM for a number reasons including:
- They take an ethical approach to period care.
- Their products are planet-friendly! Organic cotton tampons, pads, liners & zero-waste menstrual cups.
- They donate profits to menstrual dignity charity, Binti International.
- They run a University Period Dignity Scheme and already supply lots of other universities in the UK
- When we buy in bulk we get a discounted price so that we can offer them to you for free.